EBCD: A new frontier in breast cancer detection
Our mission is simple: to save lives through early detection of breast cancer. When breast cancer is detected in stage 1, the five-year relative survival rate is 99%.1
The Enhanced Breast Cancer Detection (EBCD) program is a breakthrough in early detection. It uses artificial intelligence to help radiologists detect even subtle lesions. Combined with exceptionally high-quality mammography systems, EBCD's artificial intelligence (AI) optimizes breast cancer screening, giving women greater confidence in their results.
It's simple. Improved detection means improved outcomes. Women who want to take control of their health choose EBCD to reinforce that first line of defense against breast disease.
A More Accurate Mammogram with AI
- AI is applied to your mammogram. If the AI detects an area of suspicion, it will alert your radiologist.
- When the radiologist interprets the exam, the AI assists by pointing out very subtle lesions that are not always visible to the human eye.
- Then the AI acts as a second set of eyes and performs an additional review. If there is a suspicious finding, a second radiologist is brought in to consult on your exam.
- Your radiologist uses that AI data and their own clinical experience to determine a final result for the exam.
Am I exposed to more radiation because of the AI?
Not at all. No additional radiation or time during your visit is required. You safely gain the benefit of higher accuracy.
Saige-Dx™, our AI technology powered by DeepHealth,
improved the overall performance for every radiologist in a recent study.2
Why should I choose EBCD for my breast care?
- One in eight women will develop cancer in her lifetime. It is crucial to detect the disease early, when treatment options are most optimal.
- EBCD uses Saige-Dx, artificial intelligence technology powered by DeepHealth, to deliver a more accurate mammogram.
- Saige-Dx helps improve the overall cancer detection rate as evidenced in a recent clinical study.2
- No additional radiation or time during your visit is required; you safely gain the benefit of state-of-the-art screening.
2 Data from the multi-reader multi-center reader study conducted to evaluate the performance of MQSA-qualified radiologists with and without the aid of Saige-Dx™. A copy of the Saige-Dx Instructions for Use is available upon request.